band-of-brothers band-of-brothers band-of-brothers band-of-brothers band-of-brothers band-of-brothers band-of-brothers band-of-brothers band-of-brothers band-of-brothers band-of-brothers band-of-brothers band-of-brothers band-of-brothers band-of-brothers band-of-brothers band-of-brothers

forumhead
Forum >> Lost-Soldiers Community >> Community Discussion » Ventrilo vs. Teamspeak
Sort:      «  1 2 3 4  » printview
Administrator
1974 Posts
Enlisted On: 30.01.2016

[LS] Rangers
30.01.2017, 02:47 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I'm afraid I don't agree that changing to Teamspeak is necessary though.

Belgero wrote:

I know Star prefers pushing an extra button so he doesn't hear everything from other players, but I agree to disagree wink

This is for everyone's benefit - not just mine! Nobody wants to hear your dog-barking or your phone ringing or BF2 coming out of your Speakers! Laugh People seem to have great difficulty finding a suitable Push To Talk key. It's really not that hard if you put a little effort in and are willing to be creative / change a BF2 key. CAPS Lock / CTRL are good choices if you are struggling. Some people use their Mouse Scroll Wheel Click which is usually Mouse Button 3.

Belgero wrote:

I didnt change anything its all standard settings

Following what Italy S_h_a_r_k_93 told you, it seems like you had your Sensitivity configured incorrectly anyway. It doesn't sound like you are in a position to compare VOIP software if you haven't even configured the settings, you are not giving Ventrilo a fair chance...

Belgero wrote:

Ventrilo is indeed not very known or at least not in bf2.

This is fair enough, Ventrilo is more common in communities for other games like Counter-Strike. However, that's not a reason to switch. We have a simple Install / Setup Guide for Ventrilo. If people want to take their vocal communication beyond In-Game VOIP with Commander/Squad they can download it.

Belgero wrote:

I'm just making a suggestion to improve gameplay, considering the lack of admins and non-LS members in our ventrilo server 95% of the time.

It really depends what time you check, I'm often on Ventrilo in the evening or later and we have had quite a few different people in Ventrilo at times. Civilains, Enlisted Soldiers, [LS] Members & Admin all together. Ventrilo gets more usage than you realise.

Belgero wrote:

Considering rico, carbon, clints, pegasus, remy and i already all have TS is just a sign that its a well known program among players and I never heard anything bad about it.

Low Sound Quality & Many Security Vulnerabilities.

Belgero wrote:

If Star decides tomorrow that our new logo will be a strap-on dildo we will all have to accept it too

Great idea applause why did I never think of this before? I'll get to work on that right away...

Whilst I do think your intentions are good, I feel like you are on a bit of a personal crusade against Ventrilo because you're a Teamspeak lover / Ventrilo hater. Teamspeak is really not good quality VOIP software as far as I'm concerned, if you get used to Vent you'll realise it's superior too. There are 5 main reasons why I prefer Ventrilo:
1) Financial, we host the Ventrilo Server ourselves, we'd have to pay for Teamspeak
2) Sound Quality
3) I already did a lot of work coding to integrate Ventrilo into the site
4) Security Vulnerabilities in Teamspeak
5) Teamspeak's ugly interface


https://www.lost-soldiers.org/images/lsts.gif
Thanks
2
Given By: SW03_Carbon, Belgero
Corporal
239 Posts
Enlisted On: 13.11.2016


30.01.2017, 06:22 

I did change sensitivity and it seems to work better now smiling but i have to try it out a little bit more.
It seems that my major problem with ventrilo is fixed.

However I still stand by my point that 1. I think push-to-talk is not the way to go and 2. TS3 could "bring us closer" as a community.

1. There already is a push to talk system in bf2 and I find it pretty annoying to use. Like I said, if you don't have every key in a "comfortable distance" already assigned in bF2, you're probably not using your keys efficiently amused again you use your barking/music argument, I have been using TS3 for years and never had this problem. I can't seem to find other TS3 users on this forum that are annoyed like you amused I guess you could have a point if you join a full TS3 server with 15 random people probably not even gaming, but that won't be the case. On top of that, exactly because you can hear eachother all the time you start talking way more about the game and also random stuff. smiling

2. It's nor a personal crucade. I just know what TS did in my previous years on BF2 a long time ago and it really was a huge attribute exactly because everyone had it.

HOWEVER considering your arguments and the fact that the sensitivity seems to help, I won't continue to argue. I didn't know Ventrilo was free, so I won't make you pay for TS (of course).

I don't hate Ventrilo, I just think that switching to TS would bring a lot more people to talk to eachother. Considering the other opinions in this topic, outside of b29, I wasn't alone so I think it's important to discuss about stuff in this community when there are two different views. I'm glad you thought about it Star. smiling

Considering your argument I'm guessing it's a close cased now.


https://battlelog.co/bfhq.php?id=1817513943
Sergeant
492 Posts
Enlisted On: 01.12.2016


30.01.2017, 08:28 

I must disagree 5tarLine - in Counter-Strike communities is TS3 the main communication program. I play CS many years.

But that was just by the way. smiling


I'm using push to talk button since my first use the TS3 so on Ventrilo. No prob.


Administrator
1974 Posts
Enlisted On: 30.01.2016

[LS] Rangers
30.01.2017, 19:25 

Belgero wrote:

I did change sensitivity and it seems to work better now smiling but i have to try it out a little bit more.
It seems that my major problem with ventrilo is fixed.

However I still stand by my point that 1. I think push-to-talk is not the way to go and 2. TS3 could "bring us closer" as a community.

1. There already is a push to talk system in bf2 and I find it pretty annoying to use. Like I said, if you don't have every key in a "comfortable distance" already assigned in bF2, you're probably not using your keys efficiently amused again you use your barking/music argument, I have been using TS3 for years and never had this problem. I can't seem to find other TS3 users on this forum that are annoyed like you amused I guess you could have a point if you join a full TS3 server with 15 random people probably not even gaming, but that won't be the case. On top of that, exactly because you can hear eachother all the time you start talking way more about the game and also random stuff. smiling

2. It's nor a personal crucade. I just know what TS did in my previous years on BF2 a long time ago and it really was a huge attribute exactly because everyone had it.

HOWEVER considering your arguments and the fact that the sensitivity seems to help, I won't continue to argue. I didn't know Ventrilo was free, so I won't make you pay for TS (of course).

I don't hate Ventrilo, I just think that switching to TS would bring a lot more people to talk to eachother. Considering the other opinions in this topic, outside of b29, I wasn't alone so I think it's important to discuss about stuff in this community when there are two different views. I'm glad you thought about it Star. smiling

Considering your argument I'm guessing it's a close cased now.

Firstly, Ventrilo is not exactly 'free'. We still pay for the server which I run it on. But I also use this server for other things too, so it's more cost-efficient.

I like the fact that you are challenging certain aspects of the way we do things. That is the best way to breed progression and ensure we keep moving forward. I don't want to or intend to stifle your ideas & creativity, you made some valid points. It just so happens that some things are the way they are for a good reason and wouldn't be worth the effort or cost to change at this time. With VOIP Software for example; if we're going to upgrade, let's make it a serious upgrade to a really modern platform if we can find one we like.

Regarding unnecessary external noises when Push-To-Talk is not enabled. It depends on the quality of your MIC and your settings.

%CIB%KissMyGun - b29az & myself all prefer Ventrilo, as stated in this topic. Others like Germany SW03_Carbon said they are also quite happy to stick with Ventrilo so it's not so conclusive really.

EYELESS wrote:

I must disagree 5tarLine - in Counter-Strike communities is TS3 the main communication program. I play CS many years

Me too. CS 1.6 and Source competitively for a long time. We only ever used Ventrilo, whether we were using our own VOIP or another teams.

hmm


https://www.lost-soldiers.org/images/lsts.gif
Thanks
1
Given By: Belgero
Sergeant
492 Posts
Enlisted On: 01.12.2016


30.01.2017, 21:27 

5tarLine wrote:

Me too. CS 1.6


Yay, any league bro?


Administrator
1974 Posts
Enlisted On: 30.01.2016

[LS] Rangers
31.01.2017, 19:03 

EYELESS wrote:

Yay, any league bro?


Some tournaments & leagues for Source. Not 1.6. You?


https://www.lost-soldiers.org/images/lsts.gif
Sergeant
492 Posts
Enlisted On: 01.12.2016


31.01.2017, 19:05 

5tarLine wrote:

[quote=EYELESS]Yay, any league bro?


Some tournaments & leagues for Source. Not 1.6. You?


Nice!
Yes, but not sure if you know them. ESL, Shifters, Undzwei smiling


Senior Aircraftman
23 Posts
Enlisted On: 13.11.2016


31.01.2017, 20:58 

5tarLine wrote:


Whilst I do think your intentions are good, I feel like you are on a bit of a personal crusade against Ventrilo because you're a Teamspeak lover / Ventrilo hater. Teamspeak is really not good quality VOIP software as far as I'm concerned, if you get used to Vent you'll realise it's superior too. There are 5 main reasons why I prefer Ventrilo:
1) Financial, we host the Ventrilo Server ourselves, we'd have to pay for Teamspeak

I understand this one... it would mean €20-30 more expenses a year...
5tarLine wrote:

2) Sound Quality

I don't think you're right on this one, never had any "bad sound quality" feelings on TS3...
5tarLine wrote:

3) I already did a lot of work coding to integrate Ventrilo into the site

I understand this one, you have probably busted your ass off because of this...
5tarLine wrote:

4) Security Vulnerabilities in Teamspeak

What kind of "security" are you pointing at here? I don't think people are sending any virus through TS3? AND we're talking about private funny
5tarLine wrote:

5) Teamspeak's ugly interface

Disagree, TS3 looks way better... Ventrilo is like '80s interface lol back to windows 98


Thanks
3
Given By: Belgero, ClintS, EYELESS
Corporal
239 Posts
Enlisted On: 13.11.2016


31.01.2017, 21:10 

Yes I like the open mindset star, thanks. wink well it indeed seems like there are two sides, one for ventrilo and one for ts3, I will accept ventrilo considering you're not the only one backing it up Laugh and like i said my major problem is solved (tx shark). smiling


https://battlelog.co/bfhq.php?id=1817513943
Thanks
2
Given By: ClintS, S_h_a_r_k_93
Sergeant
492 Posts
Enlisted On: 01.12.2016


31.01.2017, 21:46 

RemyBE wrote:

[quote=5tarLine]
Whilst I do think your intentions are good, I feel like you are on a bit of a personal crusade against Ventrilo because you're a Teamspeak lover / Ventrilo hater. Teamspeak is really not good quality VOIP software as far as I'm concerned, if you get used to Vent you'll realise it's superior too. There are 5 main reasons why I prefer Ventrilo:
1) Financial, we host the Ventrilo Server ourselves, we'd have to pay for Teamspeak

I understand this one... it would mean €20-30 more expenses a year...
5tarLine wrote:

2) Sound Quality

I don't think you're right on this one, never had any "bad sound quality" feelings on TS3...
5tarLine wrote:

3) I already did a lot of work coding to integrate Ventrilo into the site

I understand this one, you have probably busted your ass off because of this...
5tarLine wrote:

4) Security Vulnerabilities in Teamspeak

What kind of "security" are you pointing at here? I don't think people are sending any virus through TS3? AND we're talking about private funny
5tarLine wrote:

5) Teamspeak's ugly interface

Disagree, TS3 looks way better... Ventrilo is like '80s interface lol back to windows 98


Well said, completely agree.


Sort:      «  1 2 3 4  » printview

To Start Or To Reply To A Topic You Must Be Enlisted And Logged In!
Enlist Now
Login
Page Generated In 0.967534 Seconds

      Valid CSS!     Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional
loading enlist enlist_hover lost_pw_hover mo08 mo10 mo12 mo14 mo16 mo18 mo20 mo22 mo24 mo26 up up2 registerheader