band-of-brothers band-of-brothers band-of-brothers band-of-brothers band-of-brothers band-of-brothers band-of-brothers band-of-brothers band-of-brothers band-of-brothers band-of-brothers band-of-brothers band-of-brothers band-of-brothers band-of-brothers band-of-brothers band-of-brothers

forumhead
Forum >> Servers >> BF2 #1 - Wake Island » RULES: BF2 Server #1 - Wake Island
Sort:      «  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ...  » printview
Administrator
2847 Posts
Enlisted On: 31.01.2016

[LS] Rangers
21.01.2017, 13:36 

"The problem though is that often choppers will stay at 400m and just TV whatever tries to get up..."

That's the point of my post. Jet has speed, true, but it needs to get close and make a swift attack; you have a chance to use anti-air missles or Eryx. But the chopper can stay at a safe distance and pin you down, without even letting you take off. Is that fair? Jets get punished for runway kills but Helicopters can perform them? :'D

Staff Officer Italy S_h_a_r_k_93 


https://i.imgur.com/iwPUBn7.png
  All my contacts, social media and more!    shark.lost-soldiers.org
Thanks
1
Given By: -dll-
Corporal
239 Posts
Enlisted On: 13.11.2016


21.01.2017, 13:55 

S_h_a_r_k_93 wrote:

"The problem though is that often choppers will stay at 400m and just TV whatever tries to get up..."

That's the point of my post. Jet has speed, true, but it needs to get close and make a swift attack; you have a chance to use anti-air missles or Eryx. But the chopper can stay at a safe distance and pin you down, without even letting you take off. Is that fair? Jets get punished for runway kills but Helicopters can perform them? :'D

Staff Officer Italy S_h_a_r_k_93 


You tell'em gurlll!

No but it's true, you have a point


https://battlelog.co/bfhq.php?id=1817513943
Thanks
1
Given By: S_h_a_r_k_93
Administrator
1974 Posts
Enlisted On: 30.01.2016

[LS] Rangers
21.01.2017, 23:27 

Belgero wrote:

You tell'em gurlll


Laugh

I'm afraid I don't agree at all.

If a chopper is in range to hit you with a TV then you are able to see him, even if it's right on the edge of the max TV range. If you can see a chopper then you need to make a careful decision about whether to get in a chopper/jet and try and take off or hit him with a TV from the helipad. With experience, you will get these decisions mainly correct, sometimes though you will get TVed. If he's circling around airfield killing then it's normally not a good idea to jump in an aircraft unless you can hit him with jet missiles from the runway or he's bad.

Jets speed mean they can appear almost out of nowhere and destroyed a grounded aircraft in less than 1 second leaving you no chance to react or defend yourself. There are also 2 jets and without this rule Chinese Jets/Choppers would have no chance of taking off for a whole round against any half-decent pair of pilots once they were shot down.


https://www.lost-soldiers.org/images/lsts.gif
Corporal
239 Posts
Enlisted On: 13.11.2016


22.01.2017, 05:12 

5tarLine wrote:

If you can see a chopper then you need to make a careful decision about whether to get in a chopper/jet and try and take off or hit him with a TV from the helipad.


5tarLine wrote:

If he's circling around airfield killing then it's normally not a good idea to jump in an aircraft unless you can hit him with jet missiles from the runway or he's bad.


Do you not see the contradiction between these two lines? amused

You say it yourself, when a heli hovers at 400m you can not hit it by any other means than with a jet or heli HOWEVER, it's not a good idea to get in this jet/heli when he's hovering at 400m and targets these exact aircrafts.

Indeed, the jet missiles give you a chance to get in the jet and immediately attack the heli. The chance of him being stupid enough to hover right in front of the jet and his missile range is however close to 0. This leaves the TV lissile from the heli. The chance of you being able to start the heli and look up far enough to see the enemy heli and shoot him with tv (about 20 seconds) is however also close to 0. The enemy heli will see you start the heli from far and shoot you within 5 seconds wink

If a jet does the same, yes he has the chance to appear out of nowhere, but he has to dive in head first like shark says, giving you the chance to shoot him with stinger/eryx. If he's decent enough he can shoot it also from 400m but thats way harder and much less likely compared to a heli. A jet cant hover that easily so when he looks at you from 400m he will be at 50m after a few seconds. He has waaay less time than a heli hovering and shooting with tv missiles.

Conclusion: heli: can hover at 400m and kill any spawning jet or heli in seconds while staying at 400m. Impossible to hit from the ground unless he is stupid enough to fly in range of the spawning jet or the airfield stinger (very unlikely if he's smart enough to stay far away). Jet: can appear out of nowhere but will often get closer considering his speed and will be vulnerable to ground attacks like eryx and stingers.


https://battlelog.co/bfhq.php?id=1817513943
Thanks
1
Given By: S_h_a_r_k_93
Administrator
1974 Posts
Enlisted On: 30.01.2016

[LS] Rangers
22.01.2017, 05:35 

Belgero wrote:

Do you not see the contradiction between these two lines? amused

No, not really, what is the contradiction exactly between those lines? They are just two different statements about the same topic. Even good pilots will turn their back on the Stinger / J-10 from time to time giving you an opportunity to attack them if you are nearby. Like I said, it's a careful decision, most times if the heli is hovering at the maximum distance from the airfield they will also be engaged with other targets, it's about picking the right moment to get up in the air. If they are attacking airfield then AntiTank players need to do their job and jeeps can help too.
Belgero wrote:

You say it yourself, when a heli hovers at 400m you can not hit it by any other means than with a jet or heli HOWEVER, it's not a good idea to get in this jet/heli when he's hovering at 400m and targets these exact aircrafts.

That's just part of the game, it's not a problem as such. Airfield gets pinned down, it's up to the Chinese team to damage/destroy the attacker to get their aircraft back in the sky.

Belgero wrote:

Indeed, the jet missiles give you a chance to get in the jet and immediately attack the heli. The chance of him being stupid enough to hover right in front of the jet and his missile range is however close to 0. This leaves the TV lissile from the heli. The chance of you being able to start the heli and look up far enough to see the enemy heli and shoot him with tv (about 20 seconds) is however also close to 0. The enemy heli will see you start the heli from far and shoot you within 5 seconds wink

I have seen it a lot actually and have killed plenty of choppers with the J-10 or nearby Stinger it's very easy. Also, you are way out with the 20 seconds, it's much less to lift the nose and fire a TV if you know what you are doing. I have also killed many choppers & jets doing exactly that whilst on the helipad.

If a jet does the same, yes he has the chance to appear out of nowhere, but he has to dive in head first like shark says, giving you the chance to shoot him with stinger/eryx. If he's decent enough he can shoot it also from 400m but thats way harder and much less likely compared to a heli. A jet cant hover that easily so when he looks at you from 400m he will be at 50m after a few seconds. He has waaay less time than a heli hovering and shooting with tv missiles.

Missiles, Bombs, MG can all take out grounded aircraft with ease from distance. Stingers/IGLAs are pretty useless against any half decent jet pilot and jets have to be flying pretty low to get regularly hit with an ERYX, I fly low all of the time and rarely get hit with ERYX because I anticipate and dodge them. 2 strong Jets can terrorise an airfield much moreso than 1 heli over the course of a round on a no rules server.

Conclusion: I don't agree and I'm pretty sure most Wake veterans won't either.


https://www.lost-soldiers.org/images/lsts.gif
Corporal
239 Posts
Enlisted On: 13.11.2016


22.01.2017, 07:08 

5tarLine wrote:



Conclusion: I don't agree and I'm pretty sure most Wake veterans won't either.


You and me, at the playground around the corner in 15 minutes. Lets settle this as men.


https://battlelog.co/bfhq.php?id=1817513943
Administrator
1974 Posts
Enlisted On: 30.01.2016

[LS] Rangers
22.01.2017, 08:10 

Playground?

Laugh Laugh


https://www.lost-soldiers.org/images/lsts.gif
Corporal
239 Posts
Enlisted On: 13.11.2016


22.01.2017, 09:14 

You weren't there star... you weren't there...


https://battlelog.co/bfhq.php?id=1817513943
Administrator
952 Posts
Enlisted On: 17.11.2016

[LS] Rangers
22.01.2017, 09:27 

for me, when heli is raping the af ( often last flag) people start leaving,!


Senior Aircraftman
23 Posts
Enlisted On: 13.11.2016


22.01.2017, 11:48 

@England jostotest has a point...


Thanks
1
Given By: jostotest
Sort:      «  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ...  » printview

To Start Or To Reply To A Topic You Must Be Enlisted And Logged In!
Enlist Now
Login
Page Generated In 0.111741 Seconds

      Valid CSS!     Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional
loading enlist enlist_hover lost_pw_hover mo08 mo10 mo12 mo14 mo16 mo18 mo20 mo22 mo24 mo26 up up2 registerheader